Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Things I'm Thankful For...

Since Thanksgiving (and the busiest travel day of the year) is right around the corner, I thought I'd take a few minutes to jot down a few of the things I'm thankful for this year.  


Here they are in no particular order...

1 -  My Job:  I am beyond thankful to be gainfully employed... Especially in the industry in which I work.  In a time of economic instability and employment insecurity, I am so very lucky to have a stable job, with decent pay, in an industry that I love.  (I am going to have to keep reminding myself of this one as I work through this coming weekend.  Sunday is by far our toughest day of the year, and I gotta admit... I'm a little bit scared!)

2 -  My Health:  Even though I've been given a run for my money lately, I am always well aware that I am a VERY lucky girl when it comes to my health!

3 - My Friends and Family:  Where on this earth would I be without my friends and family?!  I have amazing friends, and a loving and supportive family.  There's not much more a girl can ask for in this department.

4 - My Stevie:  I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am SOOO lucky to have this guy in my life!  I've made a number of mistakes in my life, but he is one thing that I got absolutely, without a doubt, 100% right!

5 - My Monster:  She is my dog... She is my world.  What more can I say?  She ranks right up there with Steve in my book.  (Although she has quite a bit more hair, and doesn't usually smell quite as good as he does!)

6 - My Stuff:  This includes my apartment, my car, my bank account, etc.  My home may not be my dream home, and my wallet may not be as fat as I might like.  However, I have a roof over my head, a warm place to sleep, clean clothes to wear, and food on the table.  I've worked hard for the things I have and I will always, always be thankful for them.

7 - Days Off:  I absolutely treasure my days off work... especially this time of year.  Lately, I've been referring to my days off as "Martha Days".  This is simply because the past few weeks, I've been channeling my inner Martha Stewart.  I've been making Christmas gifts, Christmas cards, Thanksgiving goodies, dog treats (for Christmas), etc.  I love these days because I can stay in my pajamas all day, turn up the Christmas tunes, and let my creative juices flow.  

8 - Mac:  Without him, I wouldn't be in touch with all of you!!

What are you thankful for???


3 comments:

Linde said...

You are so cute! I loved your little list. I am glad that you are doing so good and are so happy!

Sass Class said...

I am so proud of you!!! You have done the one thing I had always hoped you would. You have learned to take care of yourself!! No SO . . .husband etc can ever promise to be there forever. I just wanted you to be independent. You have taken risks and done the things I had hoped. I have been lucky to have dad for so long. . .mom wasn't so lucky. You come from strong stock. I am so proud!!!

Mandy said...

It's such a good time to realize what we are thankful for. Wish I thought about it more often! That's a great list!