Tuesday, November 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home...

Are you picturing a little black dog and ruby slippers yet??

Well... I have the little black dog already, but getting those ruby slippers has proven a bit tricky!

Our trip to Arizona was uneventful... and wonderful! Steve and I spent a lot of time hanging out with my parents, eating some fabulous home-cooked food (My mom is like Betty Crocker with a hill-billy twist), and catching up with a couple of long-time friends.

I had warned Steve time and time again about Round Valley being a small town, but I don't think my big city guy quite understood what I was talking about. The first day we were there, Steve and I took a drive to just do some looking around. We drove through South Fork and then took a tour through Greer. After our drive, I took Steve to Java Blues for lunch, and saw 5 or 6 people that I knew (i.e. Our waitress was Megan Hamblin). It seemed like every time the door opened, someone I knew from years ago would appear. I thought it was funny. I think Steve was a little bit scared.

We spent a couple of days doing some geocaching with my parents, and my dad also took Steve and I out trap shooting a few times. Most of the time it was freezing cold (thanks to that good 'ol Round Valley wind), but we still had a blast!

After four years, it was nice to be able to spend some time relaxing with my family and friends. It was good to sit and chat with my parents, fun to hang out with Dustin, Greg, BJ, and Ramone, and a blast to finally get to meet Braden and Mollie (BJ's little girl).

While I love Ohio and am really glad that I live here... There really is no place like home!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

O sure you run into everyone but me!! I'm so bummed! I do love it here too, I love raising my kids here around family and freinds. Happy Thankdsgiving!

Dustin said...

Is that Phoebe?! Looks like you guys had a good time shooting with dad! Braden can't wait to see you again...look out Steve!

Sass Class said...

Can I be Betty Crocker with a country twist rather than a hill billy one??? Plus dad wants to know who the old guy is in all the pictures.