Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Good Surprise...

The past couple of weeks have been really busy for me. I worked an extra day last week, so that cut my weekend down to two days. And this week, I didn't really get a weekend at all. On Tuesday, I had to be at work for 8 hours to do Matrix training (basically shadowing different departments) for the promotion I've applied for. Wednesday, We had a mandatory department meeting (3 hours of boredom), and then volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House. And Thursday, I had to be back at work to finish up a class and wrap up my Matrix training. My work week started again on Friday morning, so my weekend was SHOT!

Just yesterday morning, my mom and I were e-mailing back and forth about all of the things we needed to get done. I had two weeks of laundry to get done, piles of mail to go through, a stack of dishes to get washed, floors that needed vacuumed, work manuals that needed read/updated... And the list goes on. I was telling my mom that I wished that I could be five years old again... just for a little bit. That list of things to do can seem never-ending at times and a couple weeks of no worries other than what Barbie I was going to play with sounded SO nice!!

Well... Yesterday afternoon, when I got home from work, I got one of the best surprises I've had in a long time. Steve was sitting on my couch snuggled up with Cookie and watching TV! That alone was a good surprise... but it got even better. First, I noticed that my living room had been picked up and vacuumed... Then I walked into my kitchen and found that the pile of dishes in the sink had been washed and put away... Then I headed into my bedroom and saw that my bed had been made (No, I don't usually make my bed), and that all of the laundry I thought I was going to have to do when I got home had been washed, folded, and stacked on my bed. I couldn't believe it!

When I asked Steve about it, he gave me his best sweet and innocent look, pointed directly at Cookie and said, "It was all her... I had nothing to do with it.. Did you know she could vacuum?!?!". I couldn't help but laugh!

I don't know how he does it, but Steve always seems to know just what I need... right when I need it. My apartment and the chores that come along with it are in no way Steve's responsibility. Yet, he does little things to help me out all the time.

He is such a sweet guy... I'm still trying to figure out what I did to deserve him!

3 comments:

Dustin said...

What a man!!! And believe me you deserve the best!!

Mandy said...

I think this one's a keeper, don't let him out of your sight. Can I borrow him for awhile when my house gets outa hand!? Ha Ha. Cute page by the way.

Linde said...

That is so cute! What a good guy. You are so sweet! It always feels good to have the house and everything else done. I hope this weekend you get some much deserved rest with him.