Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Learning to Be an Auntie...

I have to admit... My fear of babies just about ranks up there with my fear of spiders, minus the nausea. That is why I have a dog! However, I do feel that I can be a pretty good Auntie if given the chance.

When I found out that Braden (Dustin's little one) was going to be born right before Christmas, I jumped into action! I was DETERMINED!!

I got all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving (I don't do crazy crowds of shoppers... sorry), and I had everyone's presents wrapped, packaged, and in the mail about two and a half weeks before the big day. I wanted everything to get where I needed it to be ON TIME!!

I got Dustin and her husband a gift card to Blockbuster and a big box of popcorn... I thought that would be a nice gift for new parents. I also got Braden this REALLY cute pair of pajamas from Red Envelope that had "My First Christmas" embroidered on the butt. They were adorable and I was SO excited for Braden to have them at Christmas. I guess I should've known...

The last week in January, I received a notice that I had a package at my apartment office. I hadn't ordered anything, so I was a little excited to see what it was. When I saw the package... my heart sank! I had sent the package to her physical address rather than her mailing address (which is at a UPS Store), so the postal service ended up not being able to deliver it. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it took SIX WEEKS for the package to get back to me.... GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Anyways... After screwing up her mailing address one more time (Yup... I did it again) and re-mailing the package again... It FINALLY got there! WOO HOO!!! I got the following picture in my e-mail just a couple of days ago...



As it turns out... It's a good thing they were late! The PJs fit him really well now at three months, but he would have been swimming in them if he'd gotten them at Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BRADEN!! (A little late...)

Love,
Auntie Kasey

P.S. I'll get better at this "Auntie" stuff... I promise!

2 comments:

Linde said...

That is so funny! I hate when things like that happen. They are cute little jams. I bet she was thrilled.

Dustin said...

I thought I posted a comment here...anyway, Braden wanted you to know that you are a great Aunt! We sure love you and appreciate all that you do for us!! WE LOVE AUNT KASEY!!