Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...

My 29th birthday turned out to be quite a treat! Steve told me not to make any plans for the evening, so I knew he was up to something. The hard part was getting him to tell me what it was. I bugged him and bugged him all week long, trying to get him to tell me what we were doing. But... He wouldn't budge!

At about 5:00pm, we got in the car and headed downtown. At that point, he told me we were going to Martini's for dinner. I LOVE Martini's!! We had been there once before and the food was amazing! On the way to dinner, I continued to pester Steve, thinking that I would get something out of him. Still... he wouldn't tell me anything.

When our waitress dropped off our check at the end of dinner, I noticed that Steve was trying really hard to make sure I couldn't see the check. I finally got it away from him and saw that along with our check was an advertisement for shows at The Ohio Theater. The show that happened to be playing that night was "STOMP"... A show that I've wanted to see ever since we went to New York! We had tickets for the 8:00 show!!



This show was AWESOME!! It was quite different from what I had expected and I was amazed at how these people created music with "instruments" such as push brooms, sand, garbage can lids, plastic barrels, metal buckets, PVC pipe, trash bags, paper drinking cups, newspapers, folding chairs, and of course... STOMPING! It was insane to watch!!

I was really worried that Steve wasn't going to have fun because he's not really a Broadway show kind of guy. But, this show was a good one for everyone (including the guy sitting two rows behind us with the Nascar hat on)! The kids in the audience had as much fun as the adults did and the performers were hilarious!

If any of you get the chance to see this show... DO IT!! This one is definitely worth the price of admission!

5 comments:

Melis said...

I'm so glad you had a great Birthday! I've seen stomp somewhere. Maybe youtube or good morning America. Just a clip. It sounds like a TON of fun! Happy Birthday.

Dustin said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday! That show sounds great! Even sounds like one Greg might go to! We sure love ya and hope you had the best birthday ever!!

Mandy said...

How fun, there is just not anything like that here!! Happy Birthday too!

Linde said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had a great suprise. Stomp out loud is Awesome and so fun! What a fun birthday!

Lee Anne said...

Happy Birthday Kasey! We are so old! Can you believe it! I am glad you had a good birthday. Steve sounds like such a great guy. I am glad he treats you well.
Love ya!