Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monster Kisses...

As most of you know... I love my dog.

I mean, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally love my dog!

Cookie is like a child to me. A furry child... with four legs... and a speech impediment. But, whatever.

I know that she loves me in return, too. She runs to me when she's scared, she watches me like a hawk when I'm sick, and she loves to snuggle with me at night. It's kind of a two way street!

However... The love this little girl has for Steve is on a completely different level. I've posted before about the twisted little relationship the two of them have. It's a special bond... almost like a secret language or a special code. It's something that only the two of them fully understand. It's been like that since day one, and I'm pretty sure it'll always be that way.

Every time Steve comes through my front door, Cookie greets him with kisses. At that point, Steve usually drops whateve he has in his hands, he flops down on the floor, and he allows Cookie her own little "make-out" session. She licks his nose, his face, his ears, his neck, and his head... And Steve just lets her. I think it's a little disturbing, but the two of them seem to enjoy it. I truly believe that the Monster lives just for these moments.

The other day, I was sitting in my back room surfing for airline tickets online. Steve came in and laid on the floor, and Cookie followed right behind him. A few minuteslater, the kisses started....



I grabbed my camera and started shooting... This is one of the better ones I got. I love how you can see her tongue just licking away. Such concentration in those little eyes.

Cookie would kiss on Steve all day long if she could...

Such a smart little girl!

2 comments:

Lee Anne said...

He is definately the guy for you if he loves that dog as much as you do!

Mandy said...

That's cute. I love all the pictures, looks like you have been lots of places! Hope you are doing well.