Thursday, November 1, 2007

I've Been Tagged.....

I've been tagged by my best friend, Dustin!!

For those of you who don't know how this works, here are the rules...

1. Each player lists 6 facts / habits about themselves.

2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names.

3. If you see your name posted, it's your turn to continue the game.

Here we go...

Fact #1: I am a fighter! From the day I was born, 2 months early, I've always been a strong-willed and determined person. I'm not one to give up on anything easily and if you tell me I can't do something, I'll do my best to prove you wrong! I believe this trait can be a curse or a blessing depending on the sutuation. It's made me stick to my guns when I've made some not-so-bright decisions in my life, but it's also gotten me through some very difficult times over the past few years. I believe I get this trait from my mom's side of the family. My Grandma Hornberger is as stubborn as an ox, and my mom and I are no different!

Fact #2: I am very independent. I moved across the country at the age of 23 to a state I'd never been to before, where I knew no one, for a job I had never done. It's probably one of the scariest things I've ever chosen to do, but also one of the best decisions I've ever made. I live alone and I enjoy doing things on my own. Just like Fact #1, this can be a curse and a blessing. It's a blessing because I've learned to take care of myself and deal with things on my own. However, it's also taught me that there are certain times when I have more on my plate than I can handle and I have to ask for help... Something I'm not very good at.

Fact #3: I love pictures!! I love taking pictures, I love looking at pictures... I just love pictures! Photography is more of a hobby for me, but if I could pick a different job right now, I'd probably be a photographer. I love the way pictures tell stories of where we come from and share the memories of where we've been and what we've done. To me, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

Fact #4: I LOVE my dog!! I know a lot of people think I'm crazy, and that's fine. I love my dog as though she were my child! To me, she's like a little person with a speech impediment. My furry little Monster has been through so much with me, and even on the worst of days, she gives me a reason to smile. She knows when I'm upset, she knows when I'm happy, she knows when I don't feel well... She just knows. If I come home in a crappy mood after a bad day at work, all it takes is one look at her and it's all gone. I truly believe that animals are theraputic... And my little girl is no different!


Fact #5: I have an amazing boyfriend!! I met Steve almost two years ago, and he (along with Cookie) is the best thing that could've happened to me. He's a very driven person who goes after what he wants... and gets it! He's helped me find my way back to that fun person I used to be and he's given me back some of the confidence that I lost somewhere along the way. He treats me better than I've ever been treated, and the best part is that he treats Cookie the same way. I've always said that if a guy planned to stick around with me, he'd have to have the Monster's approval. In this case... She not only approves, I think she's competing for him!!

Fact #6: I love my job! At any point in my childhood, if you had asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, the words "Aircraft Dispatcher" would never even have entered my mind... Much less, come out of my mouth. I have no idea how or why I ended up in the industry of aviation, but here I am. While I can't stand the office politics, and I often question my sanity, I love what I do! I love that every day is different, I love that every flight I plan is a challenge, and I love that I often know more about airplanes than a lot of the boys I work with do! :o) I work hard to do what I do and I work hard to be good at it! This industry has provided me with a lot of great opportunities and a lot of wonderful friends. I am lucky to be a part of it!

I TAG MOM (hopefully she'll start a blog), MELISSA JO, JEFF.... and that's it because I don't know anyone else with a blog!!

No comments: