Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To Wait, Or not to Wait...

So... It's been a year. One year since I had Gamma Knife Radiosurgery.

My doctor called this morning and told me to schedule a follow up MRI to see how things look. They told me it would take up to a year to see the full effects of the radiation. Well... that year is up.

And I'm scared.

Part of me wants to call, get the MRI scheduled for next week, go in guns a-blazing, and just get it out of the way. The other of me wants to continue to live in ignorant bliss... Simply ignoring whatever is (or hopefully isn't) living in my head. Why is it that after all the crap I've been through up to this point... This is what freaks me out?? This is supposed to be the easy part!

I have the number to call and schedule. I'm just having a hard time dialing.

To wait, or not to wait... That is the question.

1 comment:

Linde said...

Well you could either finish out the year with good news or start next year with good news. I (hope) bet everything ok but I would be scared out of my mind too! Keep us posted:)