Friday, December 19, 2008

My Quest for Amazing Bubbles...

Has finally.... FINALLY.... come to an end!

Over the past five or six years, I have become quite the bubble bath lover.  After a long, stressful day at work (like today), or the occasional day of feeling like pooh at home... A nice, hot bubble bath is just what the doctor ordered!

The problem?  Well... until now, my bubble baths weren't very.... um.... bubble-y.  I've tried all kinds of soaps, oils, foams,etc., and nothing has been able to produce those big, fluffy, movie star bubbles.  

Until now!!!

My mom told me last week that she had one of my Christmas gifts shipped directly to me here in Ohio.  She said that since it wasn't wrapped, I could just open the box and enjoy whatever was inside.  (I wish she followed this train of thought with all of my Christmas presents, but... no such luck!)  I had put the package in the back of my mind and forgotten all about it... until this evening. 

Today at work was hell.  Plain and simple.  I woke up to a ball of ice (a.k.a. My car), thanks to the freezing rain we got last night, that I somehow had to thaw out and drive to work.  For those of you who haven't been lucky enough to have any experience with freezing rain, let me give you a little insight.  It's like snot.  Thick, FROZEN snot.  It sticks to anything and everything, and it's a major pain in the butt to get off.    Once I actually got to work, I quickly discovered that it might have been a better idea to just let my car remain the ball of ice it was, and hide at home.  The flight count was high, the weather was horrible, and those two things combined make for a pretty stressful day in my line of work.

On my way home from work, all I could think about was eating dinner and going to bed.  That was it.  I didn't want to do ANYTHING!  Until... I saw the UPS slip stuck to my door.  I had a package... WOO HOO!!!

I got the package home, realized it was from my mom, and ripped it open.  Inside were a handful of fabulous LUSH bath products, including shower jelly, a shampoo bar, a bath bomb, and a few bubble bars.  I immediately knew that my plans for the evening would include one more hopeful attempt at a real, bubble-y, bubble bath.  

It was amazing!!

Those bubble bars smell divine, they make your skin feel so good, and they create top-notch bubbles!  For any of you bubble bath lovers out there... I highly recommend the bubble bars.  They are so YUMMY!!

Now... All I need is a bath tub with some jets.  Hmmmmm....???

Maybe Santa can pick one of those up on his way to my house next week!

Thanks for the surprise, Mom!  

4 comments:

Dustin said...

Way to go mom!! What would we do without them? Where did she get the bath products...now I am wishing for a nice hot bubble bath!!

Lee Anne said...

What a great gift. Thank goodness for the little things that seem to brighten those stressful day's and thank goodness for great moms!!! I hope you have a great Christmas Kasey Sass!

Melis said...

That sounds SO good right now! What brand were these lovely bath products? It sounds all too invitins! Glad you could at least enjoy your night! Merry Christmas!

Sass Class said...

For once the advertising was correct. Glad they were what the dr ( or the mom ) ordered!!!