Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This Little Piggy...

... Is hatin' life right about now!

Since I have no human children, my furry 4-legged kid gets to be the one I dress up every year for Halloween.  Yes, I put a costume on my dog... Judge all you want. Last year she was a lady bug, and the year before that she was a butterfly.  She absolutely hates it... And I know it.  She reminds me of her hatred every year as I am cramming her growling little body into some ridiculous miniature get-up. 

She's a really good sport though, and the torture typically only lasts long enough for me to grab my camera and get a few pictures.  I think she's learned that it's best to just humor me.

Last week, I was at the pet store to get Cookie some dog food and I saw this really cool dinosaur costume.  I thought, "This will be something different for Halloween... Not quite so girly".  So I bought it and brought it home.  However, my little girl suffers from the same body type that many of us do.  She's.... um... "well padded", and she's got short little legs.  The costume simply didn't fit, so I returned it. 

Today I was at Easton Town Center, where they have this great little dog store called Moochie & Co, which carries just about everything that any spoiled rotten dog could ever possibly need or want.  So I stopped in to see what they had left for Halloween costumes.  They had a skunk, a lobster, a frog, a dinosaur, a tiger, a bee, a giraffe.... They had EVERYTHING!  But, the only costume they had in the Monster's size was this....


That's right... My gorgeous little girl gets to be a pig this year!  I don't think she's all that thrilled about it, and it's probably not the greatest choice for her self esteem.  But after a little bit of therapy (snuggle time with Steve), I'm sure she'll be fine.

Besides... This face makes anything look cute!!


I love Halloween!!


P.S.  I know this post was supposed to have pictures of our pumpkin carving in it, but I'm having some trouble getting those pics onto my computer (I used my old camera that has not been connected to Mac yet).  Steve is going to hook me up and I should have them up in a few days!

4 comments:

Melis said...

Ha,Ha. That is so funny! That little piggie is adorable. Poor padded thing, I hope she survived. You're a good mom to do that for her though.

Mandy said...

LOL!!! I love it!

Dustin said...

She cracks me up!! Poor little girl...it happens to the best of us, the padding I mean!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Ha. We dress our dog up too. He seems to like it, which is a funny quirk. I love Halloween. Tim and I dress up with our kids...this year is Star Wars, we have a yoda, a chewbacca, and a storm trooper. I think Tim and I will be Jedi warriors. Look for pics. Should be interesting.