Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guess Who...

... Is a closet Celine Dion Fan???

I'll tell you in a minute, but first you have to read a little back story...

The company that Steve and I work for flies the rich and the famous all over the world.  Most days we don't have time to research who is on each plane, therefor, we don't really care.  We just do our jobs and go home.

Part of the perk of flying the rich and the famous around is that they often take tours of our building and or/ donate things to the employees (i.e. autographed items, game tickets, concert tickets, etc.).  There is usually something every week or two that you can enter your name into a drawing to win.   

I usually forget to even look at what is available to win, but my Steve... That boy enters every single drawing that is posted!  He keeps hoping to snag some Ohio State football tickets, but so far, no luck!  

This past week, there were 10 pairs of tickets in the company suite to see Celine Dion in concert.  Now, if I had been paying attention... I might have entered my name for the drawing.  I'm not a huge Celine Dion fan or anything, but I do like some of her songs and wouldn't mind going to see her show for free.  Steve on the other hand is not a fan of hers in any way, shape, or form... Or so I thought!

As it turns out, Steve won a pair of tickets!  When I saw his name posted, I called to tease him about it... He couldn't believe he'd actually won.  We had a good laugh about it and then hung up.

Shortly after that announcement was posted, we got the following picture in an e-mail from our good friend/co-worker Chas with the caption "Guess who's a closet Celine Dion fan??"

"Steve Jones rushes stage at Ceasar's Palace, Las Vegas"

That's right... That tall skinny, bald dude in the middle of the stage, staring lovingly at Celine, is my Stevie!!

As it turns out, Chas is not just our friend and co-worker... He is also a master of Photo Shop.  He took a picture of Steve from our Washington D.C. trip and somehow added him into the Celine Dion picture.  I about died laughing!  Steve, although he did laugh, didn't think it was quite as funny.

What Chas seems to forget from time to time is that Steve is the King of Photo Shop!  He has made some of the most hilarious pictures.  Steve responded to the picture by reminding Chas that he should never ever start a war that he WILL NOT win!  The next few days at work should be a lot of fun... I can only imagine what these two are going to come up with!

And No... Steve and I won't be going to the concert.  He is simply not interested, and I am already attending a "Girl's Night" at my friend's house.  Steve gave the tickets to his mom and she is thrilled!

Better luck next time, babe!

4 comments:

Linde said...

That is too funny! You will have to keep us posted of the what happens next! Mandy would be jealous, she loves her!

Melis said...

That is so funny. The picture looks so real! You'll have to post some of the things that they photo shop. Sounds like you'll have a fun week!

Mandy said...

Linde is right, I got on here to say YOU"RE NUTS! I love her! I don't think there is anyone that can sing like she can! What a funny story though.

Lee Anne said...

That is ha-larious. I am with Mandy, I would totally go see Celine(I am even on a first name basis). Sounds like a fun place to work.