Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HOMERUN!!!

Yesterday at 3:00pm, I had a follow-up MRI with my endocrinologist.

At 4:25pm, I was given the "all clear".

For the first time in at least 7 years, I am officially TUMOR FREE!!!!

I cannot even begin to say how relieved and excited I am. I was so beside myself at the doctor's office that I had to sit there for about 15 minutes before I drove home. I honestly didn't know if this day would ever come. There were so many times that I wondered if the headaches and side effects were just something I was going to have to learn to live with. It's scary, but I started to understand why people with chronic conditions sometimes start to lose it. There were so many times that I thought to myself, "I am done!"

It's been one loooooong roller-coaster ride filled with too many ups and downs to count. Seeing as how I've never really been a huge fan of roller-coasters anyway, it sure is nice to say, "See ya later! I'M GETTING OFF!!!"

Thanks so much to my family and friends for listening to me whine, being my cheerleaders, and keeping my spirits up when I needed it. Without you all, I never would have made it through this with my sanity (or whatever is left of it). I can't say it enough... I am a lucky, lucky girl!

I am SO looking forward to 2011 and all it has in store for us!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Melis said...

YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY!!! You have been such a trooper through everything and I am so glad that nightmare is finally over! This is the best news ever!!! Thanks for sharing, I've been wondering, waiting to hear! BEST NEWS EVER!!! All I can say is YAY! Congratulations Kasey. I hope you and Steve went out to celebrate!!!