Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Sweet Petunia...

I've written before about the lovey-dovey relationship that Cookie and Steve have. He loves her, and she absolutely lives for him. I'm basically just the lady that feeds her and gives her treats every now and then. I've been telling Steve for the past couple of months that since he stole my dog... he owes me a new one!

Well... This sweet little girl is the newest addition to our family.

Her name is Petunia, she is eight weeks old, and she came to live with us on July 3rd.


Poor Cookie had a rough couple of days... She was simply NOT the least bit thrilled with Miss Petunia being here. She was grouchy, and I was heart broken. I thought for sure my Monster hated me, and that is the last thing I wanted. I cried, I worried, and I didn't sleep for two days.

But, it's been four days now, and the girls are starting to get used to each other. We even caught them napping together on the couch this afternoon.


Everyone I've talked to says to just give them time. They pretty much just have to figure it all out on their own. I'm hoping they are right and that they will eventually be good buddies. I keep telling Cookie that she is still the Queen... She just has a little Princes to boss around now!

I sure do love these furry little creatures!

4 comments:

Linde said...

How cute are they together! I love her name too! Good luck. I hope they start liking each other, then you can get some rest again!

Melis said...

She is adorable, Kasey! I think it was a good move. One black, one white. They will get along soon enough. They have to, they live together :) Congratulations!

Dustin said...

Don't worry! You should have seen Baxter when we brought Cooper home! Before you know it they'll be playing and destroying the house together!! And you'll never know exactly which one chewed your new shoes up! The new puppy or the once only child who knows you'll automatically think it's the new puppy!!

Lee Anne said...

She is so cute! She looks like a stuffed animal. I just with they would stay that cute and little. Have fun with your cute little dogs.