Monday, July 21, 2008

No Boys Allowed!!

It is officially "Girls' Week" here in Ohio... I am so excited!!

Steve is in Mississippi for the week with a group of Civil Air Patrol cadets, so the Monster and I are on our own! Don't get me wrong... I'd rather Steve were here. But, if he has to be gone, then we'd might as well make the most of it... right?

I got home from work at about 5:00pm. It was an absolute ZOO in the flight center today. The American Idols came through on a tour (they fly on our planes) and there were about a zillion people there for a company sponsored meet and greet/private concert. It was fun to see how excited all the kids were to see them, but at the end of the day, I was SOOO ready to get out of there! When I got home, I figured that Cookie and I could both use some fresh air, so I scooped her up and we hit the park!

After about an hour at the park, the Monster was wiped out!! It wasn't more than 10 minutes after we got home that I found this...

I think she has reached her "fun" quota for today!

For the first time in a really long time... I have absolutely nothing that I need to do tonight. No errands. No cleaning. No work homework. NOTHING!! Ahhh... That's a good feeling! I plan on having a bubble bath, a glass of wine, and then I'm curling up on my couch with Cookie and the new book I picked up yesterday at Target. It's going to be a good night!

Tomorrow... I'm meeting a couple of my friends for a homemade sushi lunch (I've never had sushi, so that could be interesting), and then we're going to catch "Mama Mia!" at the mall. I can't wait!!

On Wednesday, my friend Jen and I are going to meet up for lunch and get a manicure/pedicure. Her sister works at one of the best spas in town and is giving us a killer deal. Manis/pedis are not typically something that I do for myself, so Wednesday is going to be a real treat!

On Thursday, my friend Malinda and I are going to hit the outlet mall that's about 45 minutes south of Columbus. There are SO many fun stores down there... and we usually find some pretty good deals there!

So that's my itinerary for "Girls' Week"... in a nutshell. It should be a nice, relaxing, FUN week!

I hope you all have a great week as well!

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Sounds like so much fun!! We all need a girl week once in a while! I hope you have a great time and find a ton of great deals at the mall!!

Melis said...

Enjoy your week! It sounds like you will!

Mandy said...

I can't wait til I get a week like that ! Hopefully soon for me! How cool that you got to see the american idols. You need to snap pics next time it happens and post them. Your blog is cute.