Friday, June 20, 2008

Ahhhh.... (that's a sigh of relief)


Once again... It's time for a road trip to Kansas. And once again... It was also time for me to have bloodwork done. I hate having it done right before I go on vacation... I worry about the results until the Dr.s office calls me... and if the news is less than great, then it can really put a damper on things.

I had been putting off getting it done for a few days... I am SOOO good at talking myself out of things! But on Wednesday, I finally bit the bullet and drove to the hospital. I figured it would be better to know if anything had changed, one way or the other, than to worry about having to come home and still get it all done. I wanted it out of the way!

Donna (Dr. C's nurse) called me on Thursday afternoon to let me know that my prolactin level has dropped to 54.2!! It's still about double where it should be, but my meds are working for now, and I'm not complaining one bit! I can't even tell you what a relief it was to hear that number come out of her mouth... I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Cookie and Steve BOTH got big hugs after that phone call!

Anyways... That's the latest update on me! Cookie and I are off to Kansas this weekend to visit Uncle Roland on the farm... I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT!!! I'm sure I'll have plenty of pics to post when I get home!

I hope everyone is well. HAPPY SUMMER!!!

3 comments:

Dustin said...

What a relief!! I am so glad that you get to go relax at the farm! Do some fishing for me!!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Congratulations! Everyone's prayers worked! We'll keep it up and see if we can't get it cut in half! Have a great time in Kansas! Don't get blown away with ToTo...I mean Cookie! And thanks for the Geocaching post! I looked it up and am going to use it for my cub scout troop!

MrNacho97 said...

YAHOO!!! I am so happy for you!!!
Take onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!