Sunday, October 21, 2007

"You're so Vain"...

Steve and I are going to a Halloween party this coming Saturday at our friend Chas's house. Chas is a fellow NetJets Dispatcher and he goes all out for Halloween. This year, he is turning his basement into a morgue and he and his roommate are hosting their annual costume party. It's a HUGE hit every year... We are really looking forward to it!!

Steve and I are going as the (semi) celebrity couple... "Dog" The Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth. Watching their show is one of our guilty pleasures, so we thought it would be a good costume idea for this year's party. For those of you who have not seen the show... Google them to get an idea. For those of you who have seen the show... You'll understand that it's quite a stretch (to say the least) for Steve and I to pull this off. Challenge #1... Steve is just about bald (which, by the way, I LOVE!). "Dog" has this long, wavy, rock-n-roll/surfer dude looking hair... Steve has none. Challenge #2... Beth has the biggest... um... "girls"... I've ever seen in my entire life!! While I'm not completely lacking in the "girls" department... this Beth lady has some HUGE cups to fill. It's really going to take some work!!

Steve and I have most of what we need for the party. We both got blond wigs, fake tattoos, black boots, black sunglasses, etc. The only thing I'm lacking right now is the enormous "girls"... but I have a few ideas. (If any of you have any ideas on how to make a pair of those... PLEASE let me know!!) So tonight, I pulled out all my goodies and tried putting everything together to see how it looked. I put on the wig, played in my make-up, and even tried out the fishnets and boots. I haven't played dress-up since I was a kid... It was really kinda fun!! At the same time, I was praying that none of my neighbors saw me... they'll think I'm a total fruit loop!

Anyways... I have one of those full length mirrors in my room that I use in the morning when getting ready for work. I pulled it out and set it up on the ottoman in my living room so that I could get a good idea of what the whole get-up is going to look like. Well just as I was putting on the final touches, Steve called. He was on his way to his house, so we talked for about 10 minutes or so and then hung up. I ran back into the bathroom to put in the last earring and then headed into the living room to catch a look at myself in the mirror. This is what I saw instead....

... Little Miss Cookie Monster was totally checking herself out in the mirror!! I immediately thought of the song "You're so Vain" by Carly Simon. The first verse is very fitting of my little Monster...

"You walked into the party

Like you were walking onto a yacht

Your hat strategically dipped below one eye

Your scarf it was apricot

You had one eye in the mirror

As you watched yourself gavotte"

I just thought it was hilarious and I had to share it. She's so much like a little person... It's almost scary! She's such a girly girl!! I think that's the reason she's such a perfect little companion for me... I'm a pretty girly girl myself. I think I'm going to have to stop telling her how gorgeous she is all the time... It's obviously starting to go to her head! I sure love her though... big head and all!!

P.S. I'll post pictures of us in our costumes next weekend after the party... It should be entertaining!

1 comment:

Dustin said...

I can not wait to see you guys in costume!! As for your "girls" problem I'll have to keep thinking and see if I can come up with anything!