Thursday, September 3, 2009

So Proud!


I posted a couple of months ago about Steve's decision to participate in a local charity bike ride benefitting the James Cancer Research Hospital here in Columbus. Well... The ride was this past weekend, and my sweetie rode his 50 mile ride in 4 hours and 12 minutes (that includes a bathroom break, and a 20 minute rest stop). I am SO proud of him!!

His buns were pretty sore for a couple of days, but he said time and time again that it was totally worth it!



Steve rode with a group of guys from the Schedule Planning department at work. Here are a few of them in their Pelotonia jerseys getting ready for their early morning start (from left: Adam, Steve, and Adam). The entire team raised over $10,000, and the ride itself brought in over $4,000,000! That's great news for the fight against cancer!!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

If I get brave... and invest in a bike... I may attempt to join them next year!

2 comments:

Melis said...

Way to go Steve! I think you would really like it Kasey. I've done it a little and it really is fun. Good luck :)

Dustin said...

That's great! Way to go Steve!