Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Look Out Martha...

Here I come!!

As far as I'm concerned, Valentine's Day may as well not even exist this year.  I'm a little "bah humbug" about the whole thing, myself.

I have to work from 6am-4pm that day, and Steve has to work from 3pm-3am that night (into the following morning).  So, our chances of getting to do anything fun (or even seeing each other for that matter) are pretty darn slim.

So... While sitting at home today, I decided to have a Martha Day, and make Steve an early Valentine's Day present.  After all... We all know that the way to any man's heart is through his stomach!

Here's the final product.  I think they turned out pretty well considering my less-than-stellar culinary skills!


Let me just say that frosting these suckers was no easy feat... I'm still wondering what the secret is.  Maybe it's just one of those "practice makes perfect" things... I don't know.  My "butter knife and cursing" approach doesn't seem to be working.

Anyways... I hope he likes them!!


5 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Hey Kasey, Welcome back! I am glad your blog break is over. Your cookies look fantastic. You are way more domestic than me! Steve is gonna love them!

Melis said...

I HATE MAKING SUGAR COOKIES!!! Kudos to you for jumping in! They look AWESOME! By the picture, nobody would know that you struggled with frosting them. I'm impressed. They look WAY better than any that I've ever done. Oh, and I'm sure Steve LOVED them.

Dustin said...

Check you out lady!! I never make sugar cookies, I always mess them up! I'm very impressed. By the way your nephew sent you a valentine package so keep your eyes open. I hope it doesn't end up like your b-day gift last year!!

Mandy said...

Look at you! There is definitely a science to sugar cookies! Happy V day and hope you have some fun!

Karalea-Karalea said...

Those cookies look wonderful. I LOVE sugar cookies. I make them all the time! You did them beautifully!