Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jazzercise!!

A few weeks ago, my friend (and fellow dispatcher) Ilene and I were talking about working out and the different things we like to do. I told her that I really wanted to get into an aerobics class somewhere, but that I wasn't sure where to go. She started telling me all about the aerobic classes she had been taking. She was telling me how much fun she was having, all the people she was meeting, and listing to all the great songs they worked out to. I used to LOVE aerobics back in the day, so I was interested and asked her where she attended classes. When she said "Jazzercise"... I about died laughing!

As you all know... Jazzercise has been around for a looooong time. When I hear the word "Jazzercise", I think of little old ladies with poofy 80's hair, wearing spandex, leg-warmers, and those awful headbands... Not my cup of tea at all! I never in a million years though that it was something that someone my age would enjoy doing. Ilene invited me to attend a free class with her in Pickerington, where she lives, to see what the classes were like. So I thought "What the heck!"... and went. Holy cow, was I in for a surprise...

It was SOOOO much fun!! The music is awesome, the people are really friendly, and the workout... well... let's just say my butt muscles were sore for about 3 days! Our instructor was like a drill sargeant and Kelly Rippa all rolled together.... She was awesome! We had so much fun that day, we actually stayed and did back-to-back classes. By the time we left, I was exhausted!

After that class, Ilene gave me a coupon for a month's free membership, so I joined the Jazzercise location where I live last week. I LOVE IT!! I went three days last week, and I'm planning on going 4-5 days a week from here on out. I am not a gym person... and I don't run unless someone is chasing me. This is SO perfect for me! It kindof takes me back to my cheerleading days. Although, let me tell you... My coordination is NOT what it used to be!

So... If any of you are looking for something fun, and energizing to do, check it out! It's a BLAST!!

5 comments:

Dustin said...

So the real question is are you wearing florescent spandex with your big hair in a headband and leg warmers while you jazzercise to the musice of the 80's? Let me guess Jordache high tops?! I'm kidding! Sounds like it is a fun class, but it was entertaining picturing you in the "jazzercise" attire!!

Mandy said...

That's so funny, my mom used to do Jazzercise!! I love all the cute pictures on Dustins blogs about what a great aunt you are! Fun.

Linde said...

So much fun! You'll have to keep up posted on how it is going! I can't wait to get back to working out...even if it is "jazzercise!"

Cancer Survivor said...

I should have known you had an inner Jane Fonda I never knew about....I'm picturing you like Jane Fonda in that exercise video with the leg warmers... or like Jennifer Beals in Flashdance...come on, I know you can dance like her in that final scene!!

MrNacho97 said...

OK Total Jane Fonda or Flashdance image here. Who knew you did that leg warmer look so well??

and I just know you can do that final scene from Flashdance like a pro as well as we used to sing "Take on Me" :-)